Crowdfunding is popping up all over the place, and in just about every industry imaginable.
So I wanted to take a look at some of the top real estate crowdfunding sites out there right now.
Below are the top 11 sites (anyone can do a Top 10!) I’ve found, in no particular order.
1. Fundrise – This is my favorite real estate crowdfunding platform. The focus is on commercial properties, offering both public and private offerings. Fundrise offers equity and debt participation and generally yields returns between 12%-14%. Not just for accredited investors, but open to anyone willing to put in at least $100 into a deal.
2. CrowdStreet – Connecting investors and investment opportunities in retail, multifamily, commercial, industrial and land properties. Offers both debt and equity-based investing. Not yet available for the general public, but to accredited investors only for now.
3. Realty Mogul – Open to accredited investors who want to put in as little as $5,000 into a property – whether it’s a cash-flowing equity investment or real estate loan. There is a fee associated with each investment.
4. RealtyShares – Have some spare bitcoins laying around? Then RealtyShares might be the place for you (don’t know what a bitcoin is? Google it). Similar to Realty Mogul in that this is for accredited investors who can get in on residential, commercial, retail, and mixed use opportunities with a minimum $5,000 investment. The difference is there are no up front fees for first position loan offerings.
5. Patch Of Land – This one’s interesting. The executive team personally funds many of the projects available. They then allow investors to purchase portions of the pre-filled investment. $5,000 minimum investment from accredited investors.
6. RealCrowd – No fees for accredited investors to use this platform. The real estate companies pay RealCrowd to use their services and technology. A full range of risk and return investment opportunities are offered.
7. Peer Street – PeerStreet is a crowdfunding platform that gives investors easy access to high-yielding loans that are collateralized with real estate. Backed by Andreessen Horowitz and founded by real estate attorney, Brew Johnson and former Google executive, Brett Crosby, PeerStreet allows investors to easily invest in high-yield real estate loans that were historically very difficult to access.
8. YieldStreet – YieldStreet provides access to asset based investments historically unavailable to most investors. With the mission of prosperity for all, YieldStreet allows investors to effortlessly participate in curated investments with low market correlation and high yield, across litigation finance, real estate, and other alternative asset classes.
9. Sharestates – Start investing with as little as $1,000 and earn a 8-12% annualized return backed by real estate. Accredited investors only.
10. EquityMultiple – An online marketplace for private, commercial real estate transactions. It enables accredited individuals and institutional investors to invest alongside the market’s most sophisticated sponsors in many commercial real estate assets. On most deals, the investment minimum is $5,000 but varies from offering to offering.
11. Small Change – Eve Picker created Small Change to allow everyday people to invest in real estate projects that change cities and neighborhoods for the better, and we created our proprietary Change Index to track that change. Small Change makes big impacts. One of the only real estate crowdfunding sites that allows non-accredited investors.
My prediction is we’re going to see more real estate crowdfunding sites come up, and it could very well change the face of investing.
Are there any sites you know of that I missed on this list?
Share your thoughts in the comments below.